Detox Foods - Detoxify Using Food
Whole organic foods are vital in cleansing the body from toxins that are found in our
environment on a daily basis and in the foods and beverages we ingest. During any detox diet , whether it is a colon cleanse, liver detox, or
juice fasting, it is important to eat a diet in rich whole organic fruits and vegetables. Specific foods are essential for cleansing the body
and restoring function and vitality to organs in the body that eliminate toxins such as the liver, colon, kidneys, and skin. To begin any
cleansing diet program, it’s important to begin supporting the body by eliminating the processed and fatty foods and including
rich vegetables and fresh fruits . As this is done, you
will regain your energy, feel better emotionally and reduce stress.
Super foods that help eliminate toxins include whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds and legumes. All of these plant
foods support the detoxification of the body. Here is a list of the top super foods in any cleansing diet:
- Lemons-promotes digestion
- Broccoli-cancer fighting vegetable
- Cabbage-cancer fighting vegetable
- Brussels Sprouts-essential for cleansing
- Kale-contains chlorophyll which helps to cleanse the body and eliminate toxins
- Collard Greens-contains chlorophyll and has high nutrient content
- Mustard Greens-contains chlorophyll and aids in cleansing the bowels
- Turnips-contains chlorophyll and aids in cleansing the bowels
It’s also important to remember to eat organic whenever possible. Organic fruits and vegetables are free from pesticides and
herbicides. Also, when cooking your vegetables, try to steam them instead of boiling, as boiling removes necessary nutrients.
Some additional vegetables that should be incorporated into a liver or colon detox diet include:
- Legumes (beans) if you are sensitive to beans, try Beano.
- Beets-essential for cleansing the colon and the liver
- Carrots-detoxifies the body and prevents cancer
- Dandelion Roots-aids the liver in secreting toxins
- Dandelion Greens-aids the liver in secreting toxins
- Wheatgrass-contains chlorophyll and nutrients that help to cleanse the bowels
in fiber and promotes healthy elimination of waste, Try Maximum Living Flax Seed Oil
These rich super foods for detoxification contain phytonutrients which help the liver in detoxifying toxins, chemicals, and drugs.
The cruciferous vegetable with the highest amount of phytonutrients is Broccoli.
To begin the cleansing of the digestive system, drink 8oz. of warm water with juice from a half of a lemon. This should be
ingested each morning right after waking. Lemon is vital in cleansing the body and promoting good digestion. Follow that up with some fresh
organic fruit, plain organic yogurt, some homemade oatmeal, sweetened with stevia and organic berries. Choose to include plant foods in all
your meals and snacks.
Products that aid in internal cleansing: